|Overwatch Patch Notes – April 13, 2016 (beta)|
This patch was originally on April 12, 2016, but had technical difficulties. The patch was immediately taken down and re-uploaded the next day.
- Competitive Play (Beta)
- Players in Heroic can now be matched into a Competitive Play game with non-Heroic players, but only after waiting in queue for a moderate period of time
- Progression Rewards
- Implemented several CPU efficiency improvements for CPUs that do not support hyper-threading
Map Balance ChangesEdit
- Increased time required to capture both objectives
- Increased time required to capture the first objective
Hero Balance ChangesEdit
- Stun duration increased by 0.2 seconds
- Recovery time (i.e. the time before McCree can shoot again) increased by 0.2 seconds
Developer Comments: This change should help McCree better orient to his targets after stunning them with Flashbang, and give his teammates more opportunities to capitalize on its use.
- Reinhardt no longer gains Ultimate charge from using Earthshatter
Developer comments: This is general rule we have in place that prevents heroes from generating Ultimate charge when using their Ultimate, but Reinhardt was previously overlooked.
- Chain Hook
- Now pulls smaller targets closer than larger targets
- Whole Hog
- Decreased the movement speed penalty
Developer comments: The change to Chain Hook should enable Roadhog to more reliably kill smaller heroes after a successful pull. Since Roadhog’s primary fire has such a wide spread, this allowed smaller heroes to avoid the majority of incoming damage from Roadhog after they were hooked. For Whole Hog, we feel the movement change helps the ability be more flexible while also making it less dangerous for Roadhog to use.
- Fixed an issue that caused respawning players to face in the direction of the Kill Cam feed
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused players to respawn twice
- Fixed an issue with Competitive Play that would cause the game to start before all slots on both teams were filled
- Fixed an issue where the End of Match would only show the Victory Lineup
- Fixed an issue with the sizing of sprays on specific surfaces in Route 66
- Fixed an issue where Custom Reticle could not be reset to default
- Fixed an issue where Custom Reticle was not persisting
- Fixed an issue that caused chat to scroll
- Fixed an issue where hero-specific bindings would reset after round transition on a Control map
- Fixed where selecting ALT + Z on the Highlights menu would display a black screen