- Players: 12
- Victory: Capture 3 flags
- Victory: Team with more captures when time expires
Capture the Flag follow the rule of Capture the Rooster. Each team has 6 players and there is no hero restriction. The time limit for a Capture the Rooster game is 5 minutes. There are 2 objectives: capturing the enemy team's flag then bringing it back to home base; and defend the allied team's flag.
Each team's home base is also the flag pedestal, where the team's flag is situated.
- To capture the flag of the opposing team, a team member must stay on the enemy flag pedestal for 2.5 seconds without being interrupted. Receiving any damage will be considered as an interruption and will reset the counter.
- Contrary to popular rules, player may capture the flag regardless of whether their own flag is at their home base or not.
- After one team member capturing the flag, they will be the flag bearer. The flag bearer is lighted up with a flag hovering above their head and will be visible through walls for both allied and enemy players. Bringing the flag back to the home base will score one flag for the team.
- When the flag is captured, its pedestal will not spawn a new flag until 3 seconds after the flag arrives at the enemy flag pedestal.
- The head-up display's status bar will show the status of both of the flags, the distance of it between the two pedestals when it is in the possession of a flag bearer.
- If the flag bearer is killed on the way back, the flag will be dropped on the ground, and any player of both teams can claim it by standing over it for 2.5 seconds. The dropped flag is also lighted up and visible through walls.
- If the dropped flag is captured by its team, it will automatically transported back to its pedestal. If it is captured by the other team instead, the capturing player will be the flag bearer.
- If the flag bearer gets an environmental death (example: get pushed over a cliff), the flag will go back to its pedestal right at once.
- If there is at least one player who is the flag bearer or in the middle of capturing a flag (even a dropped flag) when the match run out of time, Overtime will start. Overtime will be dropped when there is no more interaction with the flag.
- The first team captures and brings their enemy flag back to their home base 3 times will win the match. It also ends the match immediately.
- After 5 minutes, if there is no team captures 3 flags, the winner will be the team with more captured flags.
- If both team has the same number of captured flag, the match will end with a draw.
The maps for this brawl are chosen among 12 maps, which are modified sub-maps of the 4 Control maps: Ilios, Lijiang Tower, Nepal, and Oasis. In the maps of Ilios, Lijiang Tower, and Nepal, instead of using the normal spawn rooms (the MV-261 Orca ship), a redesigned spawn room is used. It has a huge room in the middle and two exits on the left and the right. Other differences that need to be mentioned are that some health packs' locations are changed or removed, and there are two automatic lifts installed in the Lijiang Night Market map.
Flag pedestal locations Edit
- In Ilios Lighthouse, the flag pedestals are placed in small squares; one is between the Kọfị Aromo and a souvenir shop, and the other is between the fishing gear store and another souvenir shop.
- In Ilios Well, the flag pedestals are placed at an open area (used to have small tables and chairs) next to the big staircases.
- In Ilios Ruins, the flag pedestals are placed in the middle of two small partly-destructed temples.
- In Lijiang Night Market map, the flag pedestals are placed in the middle of the food stall squares, behind the octopus-sign and pig-sign food stalls.
- In Lijiang Garden map, the flag pedestals are placed behind the two Moon Gates.
- In Lijiang Control Center map, the flag pedestals are placed in front of the reception desks, where the escape pod and the robotic rover are displayed.
- In Nepal Village, the flag pedestals are placed near the cliff side, at the end of the slope lead straight to the village gate.
- In Nepal Shrine, the flag pedestals are placed in the big yard in front of the spawn room, situated near the mountain side.
- In Nepal Sanctum, the flag pedestals are placed in the middle of the yards with 4 omnic statues.
- In Oasis City Center, the flag pedestals are placed in a small roundabout, in front of the great gates of Founder Assembly.
- In Oasis Gardens, the flag pedestals are placed behind the stone fountain, which is in front of the spawn room
- In Oasis University, the flag pedestals are placed in front of the guide plate, in the halls with several bookshelves.