Capture the Rooster was added after the event as a Arcade game mode named Capture the Flag. Instead of using 3 modified sub-maps from the seasonal Lijiang Tower reskin, Capture the Flag will use all 12 modified sub-maps from all of the Control maps.
- Players: 12
- Map: Lijiang Tower
- Victory: Capture 3 flags
- Victory: Team with more captures when time expires
Capture the Rooster is a capture-the-flag brawl, in which each team has 6 members. There is no hero restriction. The map for this brawl is randomly chosen among three stages of a modified seasonal Lijiang Tower map. The time limit for a Capture the Rooster game is 5 minutes. There are 2 objectives: capturing the enemy team's flag and defend the allied team's flag.
- To capture the flag of the opposing team, a team member must stay on the enemy flag pedestal for 2.5 seconds without being interrupted. Receiving any damage will be considered as an interruption and will reset the counter.
- Contrary to popular rules, player may capture the flag regardless of whether their own flag is at their home pedestal or not.
- After one team member captures the flag, they will be the flag bearer. The flag bearer is lighted up with a flag hovering above their head and will be visible through walls for both allied and enemy players. Bringing the flag back to the home pedestal will score one flag for the team.
- When the flag is captured, its pedestal will not spawn a new flag until 3 seconds after the flag arrives at the enemy flag pedestal.
- The head-up display's status bar will show the status of both of the flags, the distance of it between the two pedestals when it is in the possession of a flag bearer.
- If the flag bearer is killed on the way back, the flag will be dropped on the ground, and any player of both teams can claim it by standing over it for 2.5 seconds. The dropped flag is also lighted up and visible through walls.
- If the dropped flag is captured by its team, it will automatically transported back to its pedestal. If it is captured by the other team instead, the capturing player will be the flag bearer.
- If the flag bearer gets an environmental death (example: get pushed over a cliff), the flag will go back to its pedestal right at once.
- If there is at least one player who is the flag bearer or in the middle of capturing a flag (even a dropped flag) when the match run out of time, Overtime will start. Overtime will be dropped when there is no more interaction with the flag.
- The first team captures and brings their enemy flag back to their home flag pedestal 3 times will win the match. It also ends the match immediately.
- After 5 minutes, if there is no team that has captured 3 flags, the winner will be the team with more captured flags.
- If both team has the same number of captured flag, the match will end with a draw.
The maps which are used for Capture the Rooster is the three sub-maps from the seasonal Lijiang Tower map. But instead of using the normal spawn rooms (the MV-261 Orca ship), a redesigned spawn room is used. It has a huge room in the middle and two exits on the left and the right.
The flag pedestals' positions are as below:
- For Lijiang Night Market map, the flag pedestals are placed in the middle of the food stall squares, behind the octopus-sign and pig-sign food stalls.
- For Lijiang Garden map, the flag pedestals are placed behind the two Moon Gates.
- For Lijiang Control Center map, the flag pedestals are placed in front of the reception desks, where the escape pod and the robotic rover are displayed.
Other differences need to be mentioned are some health packs' locations are changed or removed. Also, there are two automatic lifts installed in Lijiang Night Market map.
Different to other seasonal brawls, the scoreboard for this brawl is the same with normal scoreboard.
- This is the first game mode which has 2 objectives.
- This is the first seasonal game mode which is made to return beyond the seasonal event period.