For 4 seconds (when resource meter is at full charge), as long as the button is held, D.Va removes enemy projectiles within a 15-meter cylindrical range in front of her to protect her allies. She is also able to block an attack that is obstructed by her teammates. D.Va cannot attack while this ability is in use, but she can still move. When the button is let go, it will take D.Va 1 second to use the Defense Matrix again.
This ability comes with a meter that depletes as it's used. Once the meter is fully depleted, it takes 10 seconds to recharge the empty meter back to full charge. When it's not in use, it will start to recharge after 1 second in pause.
In the Game Options, D.Va has an option that affects her Defense Matrix:
- Toggle Defense Matrix: When enabled, pressing the appropriate button will toggle the Defense Matrix on and off. Otherwise, the button must be held.
See below table for abilities marked as both Y and N
- Melee weapons including Quick Melee can not be negated with Defense Matrix.
- Dragonstrike: The initial arrow can be negated, but not the dragons.
- Concussion Mine: The mine can be negated in midair, not the explosion after.
- Blizzard: The drone can be negated in midair, but not the resulting blizzard.
- Pulse Bomb: The bomb can be negated in midair, not the explosion after
- Venom Mine: The mine can be negated in midair, not the trigger later.
- Graviton Surge: The bomb can be negated in midair, not the resulting black hole.
Patch changes Edit
|General||Main • Quotes • Gallery • Skins and Weapons • Sprays|
|Abilities||Fusion Cannons • Defense Matrix • Boosters • Eject • Light Gun • Call Mech • Self-Destruct|
|Lore||Organizations||MEKA • Goldshire Pictures|
|Media||Animated Shorts||We Are Overwatch||-|