For two seconds, Genji will automatically deflect incoming projectiles towards wherever his crosshair is pointed. The deflected projectiles will act as if they were shot from a friendly source, including deflected ultimates. This only applies to projectiles within his field of view. Doing this does not affect the properties of the projectile; they will retain their damage, knockback, and ability to headshot (or lack thereof). Note that for the damage falloff will be reset upon deflecting. Deflect can be cancelled at any time using Swift Strike or by casting Dragonblade.
See below table for abilities marked as both Y and N
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Melee attacks including Quick Melee will be prevented from hitting you, but will not reflect back at the target.
- ↑ The initial arrow can be deflected, but not the dragons that spawn afterwards.
- ↑ Cannot be detonated. The mine will blow up if it touches an enemy, or disappear otherwise.
- ↑ The drone can be deflected, but not the resulting blizzard.
- ↑ Like melee attacks, will not deflect the hook but does block it.
- ↑ The bomb itself can be deflected before it strikes any player or surface.
- ↑ The initial projectile can be deflected, but not the resulting black hole.
- Genji can accomplish hero-specific achievements from other heroes thanks to this ability, assuming the designated requirements are made.
- For example, Genji and deflect Ana's sleep dart into an ulting enemy (Nap Time), or Mei's ultimate and freezes 4 enemies in the process (Cold Snap).
|General||Main • Quotes • Gallery • Skins and Weapons • Sprays|
|Abilities||Shuriken • Swift Strike • Deflect • Cyber-Agility • Dragonblade|
|Lore||Organizations||Shimada Empire • Overwatch • Blackwatch|
|Character relationships||Hanzo • Mercy • Zenyatta|
|Locations||Hanamura • Nepal|
|Media||Animated Shorts||We Are Overwatch • Dragons • Doomfist Origin Story|