The Digital Comic Shorts are a series of comics which offer the reader another aspect in the storyline of Overwatch, in addition to the animated shorts. They have been created in collaboration with a variety of writers and artists.
Six issues of the Digital Comic Shorts were released in lead up to the launch of the game, showing the lives of several heroes after the fall of Overwatch.
- Trainhopper tells the story of the former Blackwatch operative, now turned vigilante, Jesse McCree.
- Dragonslayer is about Overwatch's knight from a bygone era, Reinhardt Wilhelm.
- Going Legit focuses on the deranged criminal duo Roadhog and Junkrat.
- A Better World explores the Vishkar architect Satya Vaswani and her questions about morality.
- Mission Statement follows Helix Security Chief Fareeha Amari in a high-stakes battle against an AI God-Program.
- Destroyer revolves around Overwatch's ingenious engineer and weapons specialist, Torbjörn Lindholm.
Since the release of the game, several more comics have been released in promotion of other events.
- Legacy reveals the backstory of new hero to the game and co-founder of Overwatch, Ana Amari, and the critical mission failure that caused her departure for the organisation.
- Old Soldiers reunites Ana with former comrades Jack Morrison and Gabriel Reyes after many years.
- Junkenstein was released in promotion for the Junkenstein's Revenge brawl that came with the Overwatch Halloween Terror seasonal event. It features Reinhardt as he tells the story of the mad doctor Dr. Jamison Junkenstein to several others heroes.
- Reflections was released as part of the Winter Wonderland seasonal event. It revolves around the activities of former Overwatch members during Christmas.
- Binary follows the story of Bastion and Torbjörn in the Swedish woods.
- Uprising was released the week before the Uprising seasonal event, and recounts the story of Overwatch during their era of former glory.
- Masquerade was released around the time of Doomfist's release and tells the story of what happened after Doomfist broke out of prison and before he recovered his gauntlet.
Special comic Edit
As one of promotions for Year of the Rooster, a kind of vertical, non-verbal comic was released, under the name "Overwatch Tapestry: Winston's Journey to the West". It tells the story in young Winston's imagination, inspired by the Chinese novel Journey to the West.