Hanamura is a well-preserved village of unassuming shops and quiet streets known mostly for its idyllic cherry blossom festival every spring. But to those who know its history, Hanamura is the ancestral home of the Shimada ninja clan, which had grown over the centuries to become a powerful criminal organization. As its neighboring cities expanded, Hanamura was encircled, and eventually, it was incorporated as a district within a larger city. For now, the imposing compound of the Shimada family lies empty, but that peace may soon be broken.
Overhead map Edit
- External Media
Hanamura was home to the Shimada Clan, and of Hanzo and Genji by extension. While Hanzo was trained in martial arts, archery, and sword fighting in the dojo, Genji had the freedom to enjoy the ramen shops and arcades of the modern districts surrounding the Shimada compound.
After Hanzo was named heir, he fought and nearly killed Genji. Though Genji was saved by Overwatch, Hanzo was unaware, and left his sword in Hanamura out of shame. The Shimada Clan was later dismantled by Overwatch, and the town became the site of an annual cherry blossom festival. Hanzo returned to the dojo every year to honor Genji.
In Dragons, Genji returned to Hanamura to meet Hanzo for the first time since he was nearly killed. Hanzo thought Genji was just another assassin, but after Genji came out on top of a fight, he revealed himself and forgave Hanzo for what he had done.
- A quicker hero with the right mobility can easily make it through the top left of the choke point door and be a major annoyance or distraction for an unsuspecting enemy team or start to back-cap the point.
- On defense Widowmaker or Hanzo can place themselve on the same ledge and keep the opposition from sneaking up while providing sniper support for their team.
Easter Eggs Edit
- The 16-Bit Hero arcade is filled with arcade games that reference other Blizzard games.
- Above Rikimaru there is a statue of a murloc in a spaceship, eating noodles. If the murloc is shot, it makes the familiar aggro sound from World of Warcraft.
- In the arcade, there is a large poster of D.Va on the wall.
- The mural above the last point currently depicts two dragons, one green and one blue, circling each other, referencing the story in the animated short, Dragons. It used to depict a dragon, an archer dressed in blue, and a swordsman dressed in green
Patch changes Edit
|Maps in Overwatch|
|Assault||Hanamura (Winter) •• Horizon Lunar Colony •• Temple of Anubis •• Volskaya Industries|
|Escort||Dorado •• Junkertown •• Rialto •• Route 66 •• Watchpoint: Gibraltar|
|Assault/Escort||Blizzard World •• Eichenwalde (Halloween) •• Hollywood (Halloween) •• King's Row (Winter) •• Numbani|
|Control||Busan •• Ilios •• Lijiang Tower (Lunar) •• Nepal •• Oasis|
|Arcade||Arena||Black Forest (Winter) •• Castillo •• Ecopoint: Antarctica (Winter) •• Necropolis|
|CtF||Ayutthaya •• Ilios Lighthouse | Well | Ruins •• Lijiang Night Market | Garden | Control Center •• Nepal Village | Shrine | Sanctum •• Oasis City Center | Gardens | University|
|Deathmatch||Château Guillard •• Petra|
|Event||Lúcioball||Busan Stadium •• Estádio das Rãs •• Sydney Harbour Arena|
|Other||Adlersbrunn •• Lijiang Tower (CtR) •• King's Row (Uprising) •• Rialto (Retribution)|