Welcome to the glitz and glamour of Hollywood, California, where palm trees and fancy cars line the streets, and movie stars, directors, and high-powered studio executives rub shoulders for a chat and drink at Galand's. Down the street from the Mandarin Theatre, Goldshire Studios' omnic film auteur Hal-Fred Glitchbot has created his two latest films, They Came From Beyond The Moon and Six-Gun Killer, to varying amounts of critical and commercial acclaim. However, even Tinseltown has been gripped by anti-omnic sentiment, and the outspoken director has become a prime target in the escalating conflict.
The payload on this map is Hal-Fred Glitchbot's limousine. The attacking team must escort him to his trailer.
Overhead map Edit
- External Media
Hollywood is a neighborhood in Los Angeles, California. Since 1912, it has been the center of the USA's film industry.
Since he began making movies with Goldshire Pictures, director Hal-Fred Glitchbot has been the target of anti-omnic protesters. With the upcoming release of his two latest films They Came From Beyond The Moon and Six-Gun Killer, Glitchbot is running low on funding.
- Around the first attacking spawn point there are several movie posters for They Came From Beyond The Moon, Six Gun Killer, Some Like It Bot, and Hero Of My Storm.
- Two billboards advertising Lúcio can be seen between the first attacker spawn and the control point.
- The Walk of Fame features the names of several actors, including Maifie Adams, Baleog Fierce, Olivia Rai, Olaf Stout, Samuel Drest, Erik Swift, Robert Greenways, Sakura Cheong, and Thespion 4.0.
- Baleog the Fierce, Olaf the Stout and Erik the Swift are the main characters from the game 'The Lost Vikings'.
- Despite Hollywood being in the United States, the Babylon Hotel's cash register has a pound sign (£) on it.
- Down the road to the left of the attackers' spawn, there is Los Muertos graffiti identical to the graffiti in Dorado.
- In the security room by the first point, a monitor can be seen with a game of Hearthstone open.
- At the final point, there is a Tyrael-brand trailer.
- Hal-Fred Glitchbot's voice line "Jesse Mccree? That's a terrible name for a cowboy." is a reference to the 2000 film Shanghai Noon.
- Hollywood was originally teased in a tweet from @PlayOverwatch. It was announced on November 6, 2015, and was added to the closed beta three days later on November 9.
- Since many of Blizzard's artists are from southern California, Hollywood's visual design was given to artists from outside the country to capture a more fantastical view of it.
- No expense was spared for the set of Six-Gun Killer.
- The photo finish in this map is in monochrome, with a filmstrip border and the word "Fin". It is also made as if it is cast from a film roll. The background music is also gone through an "old-timey" filter to create the old movie effect.
- Within the Mandarin Theater, prices for refreshments are in the hundreds of dollars, ranging from $100 for a large soda or candy, to $1,000 for a "Family Feast."
- When the payload is moving through the set of Six-Gun Killer, the camera stationed there will follow the payload as if there is a movie in filming.
- ↑ Overwatch Visual Source Book, p.122
- ↑ Wikipeida: Hollywood
- ↑ @PlayOverwatch
- ↑ Jeff Kaplan Talks Overwatch's World, Shows Spider-Like Character
- ↑ Overwatch Visual Source Book, p.123
|Maps in Overwatch|
|Assault||Hanamura (Winter) •• Temple of Anubis •• Volskaya Industries|
|Escort||Dorado •• Route 66 •• Watchpoint: Gibraltar|
|Hybrid||Eichenwalde •• Hollywood (Halloween) •• King's Row (Winter) •• Numbani|
|Control||Ilios •• Lijiang Tower (Lunar) •• Nepal •• Oasis|
|Arcade||Ecopoint: Antarctica (Winter) •• Ilios Lighthouse | Well | Ruins •• Lijiang Night Market | Garden | Control Center •• Nepal Village | Shrine | Sanctum •• Oasis City Center | Gardens | University|
|Event||Estádio das Rãs •• Adlersbrunn •• Ecopoint: Antarctica (Winter) •• Lijiang (CtR)|