Situated atop a small island rising from the Aegean Sea, Ilios is a postcard-perfect Mediterranean town, with a bustling harbourside, winding paths for rambling hillside strolls, and gorgeous vistas. It is the ideal vacation stop for people looking for a place to relax, or for those interested in exploring the ruins scattered at the top of the island, where many artifacts and relics of the ancient world have been recently unearthed.
Overhead map Edit
- Concept Art
Ilios is a small Greek island in the Aegean Sea that is very popular with tourists. Atop the island, there is an archaeology site where ancient Greek statues and mosaics have been discovered. Talon activity has been seen in the area, and Athena believes they are interested in the artifacts.
- All three stages are arranged on a single island. Ruins is directly facing the Colossus statue, Lighthouse is angled 45° to Ruins' right, and Well is 45° to Ruins' left.
- In the Kofi Aromo by the Lighthouse, there is a tablet with Hearthstone open.
- In the fishing shop by the Lighthouse, there are boxes of Murk Bait for sale.
- In two houses, one on each side of the Well, there are TVs with the brand label Samwise, a shout-out to Samwise Didier, WoW's Art Director.
- "Ilios" was an alternate name for ancient Troy (hence "Iliad").
- Ilios was one of the only two maps available at launch whose theme music was not in the Overwatch Soundtrack; the other being Lijiang Tower.
- The Well is similar to the Pit of Death in the movie '300' that is also set in Greece.
Patch changes Edit
|Maps in Overwatch|
|Assault||Hanamura (Winter) •• Temple of Anubis •• Volskaya Industries|
|Escort||Dorado •• Route 66 •• Watchpoint: Gibraltar|
|Hybrid||Eichenwalde •• Hollywood (Halloween) •• King's Row (Winter) •• Numbani|
|Control||Ilios •• Lijiang Tower (Lunar) •• Nepal •• Oasis|
|Arcade||Ecopoint: Antarctica (Winter) •• Ilios Lighthouse | Well | Ruins •• Lijiang Night Market | Garden | Control Center •• Nepal Village | Shrine | Sanctum •• Oasis City Center | Gardens | University|
|Event||Estádio das Rãs •• Adlersbrunn •• Ecopoint: Antarctica (Winter) •• Lijiang (CtR)|