The Killfeed is an optional component of the HUD that can be turned on in the Game Options.
The killfeed shows the six most recent deaths, with the most recent at the top. It will display the victim on the right side and the killer on the left. Both names will be given the team-appropriate color, and will have an icon of the player's hero next to them. There are also some special killfeed:
- Kills from the player will be highlighted with a grey background.
- If a killfeed is made by a death which no enemy player was responsible for, no killer will be displayed. This can happen due to:
- Self-damage from Pharah's Rocket Launcher, Zarya's Explosive Charge, Soldier: 76's Helix Rockets, and prior to the March 21, 2017 patch, Junkrat's Frag Grenade.
- Ultimates such as Pharah's Rocket Barrage and Tracer's Pulse Bomb.
- Falling off the map.
- Map hazards such as the cars in Oasis.
- Killfeed which death is made by a headshot, the arrow will be red instead of white. If an abillity was used does headshot damage (such as Hanzo's Scatter Arrow), the abillity icon will also be red.
- Killfeed which death is made by some specific ability, there will be an icon of that ability before the arrow.
- If Genji's Deflect abillity reflected damage from another ability and caused an elimination, the ability icon that it was reflected will show on the killfeed, but with the Genji player on the left side.
- Any hero who assisted in a kill will have a small portrait of the hero who assisted next to the hero who done the final blow.
- As of the May 23, 2017 update, Mercy's Resurrections are now shown in the killfeed.
The killfeed will also show the destruction of Torbjörn's Build Turret, Symmetra's Teleporter and Shield Generator, D.Va's mech, Junkrat's RIP-Tire, and Orisa's Supercharger. In addition to this the elimination of a Zomnic or Zombardier during Junkensteins's Revenge would be displayed on the killfeed. Training Bots in the Practice Range are also displayed in the killfeed, when the player eliminates a Training Bot, or when the player is eliminated by a Training Bot. Prior to the March 21, 2017 patch, only the icon is shown without the owner's name.
The first version of the killfeed only shows one icon when indicating a kill (icon of a skull with swords crossing and arrow), and other than players, it only shows destruction of Turrets, Teleporters, and RIP-Tires.