King's Row is an upscale, cosmopolitan neighborhood of London, but just beneath its peaceful surface, tensions between omnics and humans are running high. While much of modern England was built on the backs of omnic laborers, they have been denied the basic rights that humans have, with most omnics forced to live in the dense, claustrophobic city beneath the city, known by some as "the Underworld". Of greater concern is that recent demonstrations by pro-omnic rights protesters have resulted in violent clashes with the police, and a solution is nowhere in sight.
The payload on this map is a large EMP bomb. The attacking team must escort it to the Underworld, detonating it.
Overhead map Edit
- External Media
In Overwatch's last years, an omnic extremist group called Null Sector led an Uprising against the local government in the London neighborhood of King's Row. Overwatch sent in a small strike team composed of Tracer, Reinhardt, Mercy, and Torbjörn to put down the uprising, despite the English government's orders not to get involved.
Since Overwatch's collapse, omnic rights protests have risen to prominence. Tekhartha Mondatta was at the forefront of the movement, preaching equality throughout the city. In Alive, Tekhartha Mondatta was assassinated during a speech in front of the Meridian by Widowmaker. Since then, protests have grown increasingly violent throughout the city.
- In the first attackers' spawn, there are a few tablets with Hearthstone on them, as well as several Kofi Aromo cups.
- In the first defenders' spawn, there is a poster for Lúcio's concerts.
- In front of The Meridian, there is a photo of Tekhartha Mondatta with several candles around it.
- The clock tower at the control point, presumably a rendition of the Elizabeth Tower, shows that the in-game time is 4:00 AM.
- King's Row was one of the first three maps revealed for Overwatch, alongside Temple of Anubis and Hanamura. All three were revealed at BlizzCon 2014.
- Being the first payload map, the development team spent a lot of time perfecting the size of the streets that the payload would move through.
Patch changes Edit
|Maps in Overwatch|
|Assault||Hanamura (Winter) •• Horizon Lunar Colony •• Temple of Anubis •• Volskaya Industries|
|Escort||Dorado •• Junkertown •• Route 66 •• Watchpoint: Gibraltar|
|Assault/Escort||Eichenwalde •• Hollywood (Halloween) •• King's Row (Winter) •• Numbani|
|Control||Ilios •• Lijiang Tower (Lunar) •• Nepal •• Oasis|
|Arena||Black Forest •• Castillo •• Ecopoint: Antarctica •• Necropolis|
|CtF||Ilios Lighthouse | Well | Ruins •• Lijiang Night Market | Garden | Control Center •• Nepal Village | Shrine | Sanctum •• Oasis City Center | Gardens | University|
|Event||Estádio das Rãs •• Sydney Harbour Arena •• Adlersbrunn •• Ecopoint: Antarctica (Winter) •• Lijiang Tower (CtR) •• King's Row (Uprising)|