|Overwatch Patch Notes – November 17, 2015 (beta)|
This patch includes several changes to the in-game matchmaker. These changes are in large part an experiment, aimed at achieving two main goals:
- Provide players with better, more balanced matches overall (short term)
- Generate data that will allow us to make even further improvements (long term)
As with many experiments, however, we may find that these changes aren’t what’s best for the game—or, in some cases, may even make your experience worse—so we encourage you to share your thoughts and opinions in our forums.
- New "Rate This Match" and "Rate This Player" options have been added to the end-of-round flow
- Rate This Match: These ratings are designed to provide the Overwatch development team with feedback about how much you enjoyed a match. This data will be used over time to improve matchmaking and the game in general.
- Rate This Player: Positive and negative ratings can have an effect on how likely players are to be matched with one another in future games.
- Several behind-the-scenes improvements have been made to the in-game matchmaker, especially for groups
- Refined some of the language that appears on-screen when searching for a match
- Ex: Instead of "X of Y Players Found," players will now see "Estimated Time" and "Elapsed Time" counters
- A new loading screen is now available when loading into a Skirmish
- The Skirmish timer has been increased to 30 minutes
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause the Play of the Game recap to feature the wrong portion of the match when received by D.Va