Known as the "City of Harmony", Numbani is one of the few places where omnics and humans live as equals. This collaboration has led to the creation of one of the world's greatest and most technologically advanced cities in the short time since its establishment after the end of the Omnic Crisis. As part of this year's Unity Day festivities celebrating the city's founding, the gauntlet of the infamous Doomfist is being exhibited at the Numbani Heritage Museum.
Before the March 21, 2017 patch, the payload in this map was a carrier with a glass case containing Doomfist's gauntlet. Currently, it is a carrier with an empty and broken glass case. The attacking team must escort it to the Numbani Heritage Museum.
Overhead map Edit
- Pre-March 8, 2016 Patch
- External Media
Built shortly after the Omnic Crisis, Numbani is one of few cities where omnics and humans have the same rights. The collaboration has made the city one of the world's most technologically advanced, and every year they celebrate its founding with Unity Day. Numbani is also the home of Efi Oladele, a young prodigy in robotics and artificial intelligence.
For this year's Unity Day, the Numbani Heritage Museum has opened an exhibit on Doomfist, featuring the villain's gauntlet. However, the Unity Day festival had been postponed due to anonymous threats. Later, Doomfist initiated an attack, which resulted in the destruction of multiple OR15 Defense Bots and Adawe International Airport. The gauntlet was also stolen from Numbani's possession.
Easter Eggs Edit
- The Arrivals screen in the Adawe International Airport says the following:
|20:00||Seoul||HG 0614||On Time|
|22:15||Cork||BF 3264||On Time|
|22:55||Hong Kong||HA 3252||On Time|
|24:00||Buenos Aires||OL 7215||On Time|
|1:05||Rome||VW A353||On Time|
|2:25||Paris||SJ 5863||On Time|
|2:35||Hanamura||KU 4352||On Time|
|2:55||Delhi||PO 2567||On Time|
|3:30||Shanghai||RG 2554||On Time|
|4:00||Singapore||GR 0254||On Time|
|4:10||Dorado||SX 0126||On Time|
|4:45||New York||EE 2342||On Time|
|5:00||San Francisco||UT 2543||On Time|
|5:20||Taipei||KE 7145||On Time|
|5:35||Johannesburg||DQ 1276||On Time|
|5:55||Sydney||AH 8343||On Time|
|6:30||King's Row||CK 1117||On Time|
|6:40||Versailles||GR 3337||On Time|
|6:55||Los Angeles||AT 3245||On Time|
- In the Adawe International Airport, there are posters for Hanamura, Temple of Anubis, King's Row, and Russia (with a picture of Volskaya Industries). The same posters can be seen in Numbani Tours International.
- Several posters for Lúcio's concerts can be seen around the city.
- Throughout the map, there is a poster for a beverage called Old Glenwales. It says "Relax and Unwind - The Legendary Organic Oil - 2030". On it is an omnic holding a glass of the drink.
- The Axiom building has an Atlas News ticker and a stock market ticker:
- Numbani was originally teased in a tweet from @PlayOverwatch. It was officially announced on August 5, 2015, alongside Volskaya Industries and Lúcio.
- In the Soldier: 76 Origin Story video, Numbani was marked as the location of an 'active threat' near Overwatch's collapse.
- The Axiom news ticker used to have different lines:
Patch changes Edit
External Links Edit
- BREAKING: OR15 defense units destroyed in confrontation with unidentified assailant at Numbani airport. No civilian casualties reported.
|Maps in Overwatch|
|Assault||Hanamura (Winter) •• Horizon Lunar Colony •• Temple of Anubis •• Volskaya Industries|
|Escort||Dorado •• Route 66 •• Watchpoint: Gibraltar|
|Assault/Escort||Eichenwalde •• Hollywood (Halloween) •• King's Row (Winter) •• Numbani|
|Control||Ilios •• Lijiang Tower (Lunar) •• Nepal •• Oasis|
|Arena||Black Forest •• Castillo •• Ecopoint: Antarctica •• Necropolis|
|CtF||Ilios Lighthouse | Well | Ruins •• Lijiang Night Market | Garden | Control Center •• Nepal Village | Shrine | Sanctum •• Oasis City Center | Gardens | University|
|Event||Estádio das Rãs •• Adlersbrunn •• Ecopoint: Antarctica (Winter) •• Lijiang Tower (CtR) •• King's Row (Uprising)|