Zenyatta gives an enemy an orb that increases the damage they take by 30%. This has no cooldown. Only one enemy can receive Orb of Discord's effect at a time. Multiple Orbs of Discord do not stack.
The Orb of Discord is automatically returned if the target is out of sight for over three seconds or if the target dies. Zenyatta will be notified when this occurs. The Orb of Discord also disappears if Zenyatta himself dies.
Zenyatta's Orb of Discord can not target an enemy behind a Barrier, but a Barrier will not affect line of sight on an enemy who has the Orb of Discord attached.
Heroes who can remove the orb (even without breaking line of sight):
- Tracer can use her Recall ability.
- Mei can use her Cryo-Freeze ability.
- D.Va has her passive ability, Eject, which leaves the Orb of Discord with the Mech when destroyed.
- Zarya can use her Particle Barrier and Projected Barrier abilites, which also protect herself and her allies for being targeted for 2 seconds.
- Zenyatta can use his Transcendence ultimate ability to remove the Orb of Discord from an enemy Zenyatta.
In the Game Options, Zenyatta has one option that affects his Orb of Discord:
- Discord Orb Sensitivity: Adjust the sensitivity of Orb of Discord's targeting. The less value it is, the closer the distance between crosshair and the enemies has to be for assigning an orb.
Patch changes Edit
|General||Main • Quotes • Gallery • Skins and Weapons • Sprays|
|Abilities||Orb of Destruction • Orb of Harmony • Orb of Discord • Transcendence|
|Lore||Organizations||Omnic • Shambali|
|Character relationships||Tekhartha Mondatta • Genji|
|Others||Omnic Crisis • Iris|