When an ally dies, Mercy is able to see a yellow soul globe at the spot where they died. Using this ability, Mercy is able to revive any nearby fallen teammate, restoring them to full health at the location of their respective soul globe. This applies to any teammate within 5 meters of Mercy that has not yet respawned. After pressing the ability button, Mercy will go through a cast animation lasting 1.75 seconds before the ally is revived. If she is hit by crowd control in this time, Resurrect will be interrupted. During the casting animation, Mercy's movement speed will be slowed by 75%.
The ability is affected by line of sight restrictions: Mercy can't Resurrect teammates through walls, below floors, and above ceilings, even if they're within range. Mercy must also face the soul to resurrect the player. When D.Va is resurrected by Mercy, she comes back outside her mech and immediately gets her ultimate Call Mech at full charge.
When Valkyrie is activated, Resurrect can be cast instantly with no movement restriction. Casting Valkyrie will also provide an extra charge of Resurrect, which will disappear if it is not used by the time Valkyrie ends.
When resurrected, there is a 2.25 second delay before the teammate is fully revived. During this time, the revived teammate will be glowing yellow and is invulnerable, but cannot use abilities.
- Resurrect is the first (and currently only) ability to lose its status as an ultimate ability after the game's launch.
- When Resurrect was still an ultimate ability, the ultimate callout for an allied or player-controlled Mercy was a louder version of "Heroes never die!", while the callout for an enemy Mercy was " "
- Resurrect is also the first (and currently only) ability to have its icon changed after live release.
- At 30 seconds, Resurrect has the longest cooldown of any normal ability.
- Mercy's "Heroes never die" voice line changes with some of her Legendary skins.
- The Imp and Devil skins change it to "Heroes never die… for a price."
- The Sigrún and Valkyrie skins change it to "Til Valhalla!"
- The Winged Victory skin changes it to "Onwards to victory!"
- The Witch skin changes it to "My servants never die!"
- The Witch of the Wilds still utilizes the ultimate ability version of Resurrect in the Junkenstein's Revenge brawl.
Patch changes Edit
|General||Main • Quotes • Gallery • Skins and Weapons • Sprays|
|Abilities||Caduceus Staff • Caduceus Blaster • Guardian Angel • Resurrect • Angelic Descent • Regeneration • Valkyrie|
|Character relationships||Genji • Jack Morrison|
|Others||Biotic Field • Biotic Rifle • Biotic Grenade|
|Media||Animated Shorts||We Are Overwatch|