Roadhog pulls out a small gas container and sniffs the gas in it for a short period, restoring a portion of his health. For the entire duration of the ability, Roadhog gains 50% damage resistance and is able to move and look around normally, but cannot use his Scrap Gun or Chain Hook. After pressing the ability button, the healing begins after 0.6 seconds and lasts 1 second, restoring up to 300 HP in one use. After the healing is done, 0.4 seconds will pass before Roadhog is able to use abilities again. Whole Hog can be used to cancel this ability at any point.
Below are a few tips on using Take A Breather:
- If possible, use this ability around corners to maximize the healing. If not, face away from the enemies to avoid being shot in the head.
- Using the defense buff Roadhog can survive instances of high damage, most notably a self-destructing D.Va, if timed right.
- Using this ability allows Roadhog to contest a point longer than usual.
- Printed on the container is a biohazard symbol, a chemical hazard symbol, Roadhog's pig symbol with crossed out eyes, and a warning label:
- The pressurized chemical mixture helps to counteract the effects of radiation exposure.
|General||Main • Quotes • Gallery • Skins and Weapons • Sprays|
|Abilities||Scrap Gun • Chain Hook • Take A Breather • Whole Hog|
|Lore||Organizations||Australian Liberation Front • Hyde Global|
|Character relationships||Junkrat • Bruce|
|Locations||Outback • Junkertown|
|Others||Omnic Crisis • Omnium • Junkers|
|Media||Comic Shorts||Going Legit • Wasted Land|
|Video Shorts||A Moment in Crime Special Report: "The Junkers" • Junkertown: The Plan|