| "Let me show you how it's done."|
This article has been protected! Reason: Excessive vandalism.
At its height, Overwatch possessed one of the most advanced armaments on the planet, which could be traced to the workshop of an ingenious engineer named Torbjörn Lindholm.
Before the Omnic Crisis, Torbjörn had gained notoriety for designing weapons systems used by countries around the world. However, his belief that technology must serve a better vision for humanity put him at odds with his employers, who desired to control his weapons using networked computer intelligence.
Torbjörn had a deep mistrust of sentient robotic intelligence, and while many of his peers wrote this off as paranoia, his worst fears were realized when the robot populations of the world turned against their human creators during the Omnic Crisis. Because of his engineering genius, he was recruited to join the original Overwatch strike team, and his many inventions proved integral to ending the crisis. In the years that followed, Overwatch became an international peacekeeping force, and Torbjörn remained a critical resource for all of its technological needs and signature weapons systems.
But in the aftermath of Overwatch's fall, many of Torbjörn's weapons were stolen or stashed away around the world. Feeling responsible for his creations, Torbjörn is determined to stop them from falling into the wrong hands and wreaking havoc on the innocent.
Beside these abilities, Torbjörn is able to jump, crouch, reload his Rivet Gun (only when his ammo is not full), and perform Quick Melee when using Rivet Gun. He cannot reload and perform Quick Melee when using Forge Hammer.
- All seasonal event items, which are marked with special event icons ( • • • ), are only available to be unlocked either through the respective Loot Boxes or by Credits within the event's duration.
|Taking A Breaka|
- a This emote after activating will remain in its animation until the player inputs other actions to interrupt it.
- A Chicken Out Of A Feather ("You're making a chicken out of a feather.")
- Completion Date? ("Completion date? Huhu, when it's done.")
- Don't Get Caught ("Don't get caught with your beard in the letterbox.")
- Engineers ("People always underestimate the engineers.")
- Hard Work Pays Off (default)
- I'm Giving It All I've Got!
- I'm Swedish! ("For the last time, I'm Swedish!")
- Leave This To An Expert ("Ho, leave this to an expert.")
- Let's Not Buy The Pig ("Let's not buy the pig while it's still in the bag.")
- Some Assembly Required
- Working As Intended ("Hhumhum, working as intended.")
- More Where That Came From (, "Haha, there's more where that came from.")
- If You Build It (, 75, "Huhuhu, if you build it...they will die.")
- Made To Order (, 75)
- Too Hot For You? (, 75)
- For Torbjörn-specific sprays, see Torbjörn/Sprays.
|In Your Face|
|Golden (Rivet Gun)||Golden (Forge Hammer)|
Torbjörn Lindholm was one of the Ironclad Guild's top weapons designers and engineers whose machinery was used around the world. Among his designs was the Titan, a giant mech capable of efficient urban development, and Bastion, a peacekeeper combatant unit. When the Omnic Crisis began, the God Programs weaponized weaponry and robots Torbjörn developed. Torbjörn's knowledge of the weapons gave him an integral role in Overwatch's original strike team, alongside Jack Morrison, Gabriel Reyes, Reinhardt Wilhelm, Ana Amari, and Liao. Torbjörn stayed with Overwatch after the war, and remain as its chief engineer until its collapse. At some point, he collaborated with Dr. Angela Ziegler to design a prototype Biotic Rifle, although it was against the doctor wish to use her biotic technology for weapons.
Torbjörn traveled to Kurjikstan to combat a Titan that was destroying the city of Boklovo. He found out that it was piloted by his old coworker Sven, and quickly dispatched him before crashing the Titan. At the time of the Overwatch recall, Torbjörn was in Russia, near Moscow or Novgorod.
During Christmas, Torbjörn was seen celebrating the holidays in with his family and close friend, Reinhardt Wilhelm.
Shortly after Christmas, Torbjörn came to a village in Northern Sweden, after picking up news about a rouge Bastion who had appeared. He offered his help in apprehend the Bastion. He was confident in this task, because he assumed that the Bastion was damaged. After trying to lure Bastion to attack, he notice the strange behavior of this particular unit, such as running away or helping the beavers to build a den. When he finally realized the peaceful nature of his formerly designed weapon of war, Torbjörn took Bastion with him after incapacitating the police force instead.
Torbjörn is really enthusiastic when it comes to weapon engineering and designing, as noted by Mercy. He treat his design with care and love, as seen with his turrets in game. However, Torbjörn was always distrustful of self-aware AI. Even after the first Omnic Crisis, he was distasteful towards Omnics regardless of their personality, as shown by his anger when a match is in Numbani, a city where humans and Omnics live together peacefully.
After the meeting with Bastion in Sweden, he had a change of heart. By observing the strange behavior of that Bastion unit, he understood its peaceful and curious nature, and somehow came to accept Bastion. He even tried to protect Bastion and treat it in a fatherly way, albeit grudgingly and reluctantly.
Torbjörn also seems to have a playful side, as there is a picture of him and Mercy dressed up for Halloween at Watchpoint: Gibraltar.
Torbjörn has a friendly-rival relationship with Reinhardt; they appear to be close friends, comparing with the rest of Overwatch. With the rest of Overwatch's members, Torbjörn is a trusted and dependable comrade.
- Torbjörn can build a deadly turret to help him control an area.
- Use scrap to create armor packs for allies.
- Turrets, when upgraded properly, can function without his assistance in taking out enemy heroes.
- Torbjörn and Bastion can work together to create a formidable defense by using Torbjörn's turret and Bastion's Sentry mode. He can also provide Armor for Bastion while keeping his own turret alive in the process.
- Upgrading the turret to Level 2 takes only a few moments. Re-positioning the turret often will keep attackers on their toes and make it more difficult to find and destroy.
- Look for opportunities to attack enemies with your weapon, using primary fire at long range and secondary fire at close range. Both do good damage to enemies, but more importantly, they build your ultimate meter. Use your ultimate when enemies make a coordinated attack.
- When using Molten Core, it can be advantageous to leave your turret and go on the offensive with your weapon. The turret HP raises to 800 during Molten Core, making it tough to destroy even with focused fire. Meanwhile, your own HP raises to 500, and you gain increased attack speed, turning you into a formidable threat. Just be careful not to overextend; if you die during Molten Core, your turret loses all its bonus damage and HP.
- Molten Core fully heals your turret and increases its HP to 800, and so can be effective at defending your turret and killing the enemies who are attacking it. There is no limit to how far away from your turret you can be when activating Molten Core, so you can use it at any time or even directly after respawning while you are walking back to the frontline.
- Don't babysit your turret. Aside from leaving you vulnerable if the turret is destroyed, Torbjörn's Rivet Gun alone deals a considerable amount of damage.
- Torbjörn's Turret deals 15% less damage on console compared to PC, likely to make up for the fact that it retargets more quickly than a player can when using a console controller.
- Zarya's Particle Barrier is very useful against Torbjorn's turrets, as they fire without stopping. This can be used to feed charge which then can be used against the turret.
- Roadhog's Chain Hook can easily pull a Torbjorn away from their turret and finish them off. While he does more damage up close, his large health pool can absorb a lot of damage and his Scrap Gun packs enough of a punch to exterminate a turret.
- Keep in mind, though, that Torbjorn gains ultimate charge from dealing damage as well, so it's best to take out the turret as soon as you can.
- Bastion has a fast enough fire rate to take out a turret in seconds.
- Due to his complex Swedish name, it is often mispronounced. The pronunciation is intended to be said as "Tor-b-yearn."
- To little surprise, Torbjörn holds the title as the shortest character in Overwatch at 4'7".
- When the Blackbeard or Barbarossa skin is equipped, Torbjörn's reloading animation is slightly different. His hook does not spin when he creates his ordinary fluid to load his Rivet Gun, and so instead, an orb of liquid gradually increases in size until it fills the handle.
- There is also a chance that Torbjörn will say "Ahoy, Mateys!" when the Hello command is used.
- Sometimes, Torbjörn will refer to his turret as his "baby" when it is destroyed. This enforces his passion for weapons and tech design.
- Torbjörn's catchphrase could quite possibly reference his backstory, as his weapons and tech were stolen and stashed around the world. The phrase may reference "building weapons" and preventing misconduct.
- The achievement "Raid Wipe" is a reference to the World of Warcraft Raid-Instance of the same name and the term for a party of players who try to beat it ("Raid Party") being completely annihilated ("wiped").
- Torbjörn shares many similarities with the Dwarf race of the Warcraft franchise.
- Torbjörn's Molten Core ability may be a reference to the name of a raid instance in World of Warcraft called The Molten Core.
Cultural References Edit
- Torbjörn's skin Barbarossa translates to "red beard" in Italian.
- Torbjörn's rare character skins are written in Swedish, separately translating into Blue, Lemon, Green, and Plum.
- Several of Torbjörn's voice lines are old Swedish proverbs translated directly into English.
- Torbjörn's surname, Lindholm, is likely a reference to Lindholmen, a prominent engineering district in Gothenburg, Sweden.
- Torbjörn's voice line: Completion date? When it's done. Could be a reference to Blizzard's way of not rushing the development of their games.
- Torbjörn has a spray showing how the turret is constructed referencing IKEA (from Sweden) that requires you to assemble yourself and Team Fortress 2's sentry operating manual.
- Torbjörn is also remarkably similar to the Engineer from Team Fortress 2: both are the shortest of all the playable characters in their games; both have a deployable single-barrel enemy-tracking turret that can be upgraded to a faster firing twin-barrel turret and a level 3 rocket upgrade; both upgrade them in a similar fashion; and both lost one arm.
- However, the latter only applies to the Engineer if the player equips the Gunslinger, a robot hand to replace his default wrench or the short circuit, an electric gun hidden as a part of his glove.
- Both Torbjörn and the Engineer from Team Fortress 2 also share a similar voice line, which is "More where that came from". This is voiced when the player gets a kill via sentry.
- Additionally, Torbjörn's Halloween voice line ("..If you build it, they will die.") is also the name of an achievement for the Engineer. Additionally, this may be a reference to Field of Dreams, where an important quote in the movie is, "If you build it, they will come."
|General||Main • Quotes • Gallery • Skins and Weapons • Sprays|
|Abilities||Rivet Gun • Forge Hammer • Build Turret • Scrap Collector • Armor Pack • Molten Core|
|Lore||Organizations||Ironclad Guild • Overwatch|
|Others||Omnic Crisis • Titan • Biotic Field • Biotic Rifle • Biotic Grenade|
|Media||Articles||Overwatch is Back|
|Heroes in Overwatch|