- When an enemy passes within 3 meters of the mine, it detonates and gasses enemies within the vicinity. This gas deals 15 damage per second for 5 seconds.
- Widowmaker can see the location of her venom mine through walls and is alerted when it detonates.
- Widowmaker can see poisoned enemies through walls.
- Enemies can destroy venom mines from a distance.
- Only one mine can be active at a time. Launching a new mine will harmlessly remove any previous mine.
- The poison effect is removed upon picking up a health pack.
- The Venom Mine's hooks allow it to be attached to nearly any surface.
- Venom Mine is incorrectly named. As it releases a cloud of gas, it should be classified as a poison, and not a venom. A venom is a toxin that is specifically injected into the subject in some way, such as a bite or a sting, while poison delivers its toxins to the subject indirectly, such as through contact, digestion or inhalation.
|General||Main • Quotes • Gallery • Skins and Weapons • Sprays|
|Abilities||Widow's Kiss • Grappling Hook • Venom Mine • Infra-Sight|
|Lore||Organizations||Talon • Overwatch|
|Character relationships||Gérard Lacroix • Ana Amari • Reaper • Sombra • Tekhartha Mondatta • Tracer|
|Media||Comic Shorts||Legacy • Masquerade|
|Animated Shorts||Cinematic Trailer • Alive • Ana Origin Story • Infiltration|