|Overwatch Seasonal Events|
Winter Wonderland was a Christmas-based seasonal event in Overwatch. The event includes 2 new co-op based brawl modes, Mei's Snowball Offensive, which takes place in a reskin of Ecopoint: Antarctica, Mei's Yeti Hunt, added in 2017, takes place in Nepal, where 5 Meis hunt down a winston, and also a seasonal change in rule for Mystery Heroes, namely Winter Mystery.
The event also contains a Winter reskin of Hanamura and King's Row, 4 special achievements and a limited series of items, which could be earned through special Loot Boxes, and unlocked through Hero Gallery. All event-exclusive content became unobtainable once the event ended.
A special comic, Reflections, was released as a part of this event's promotion.
On Christmas Day, all players were given 5 free loot boxes each to celebrate Overwatch's huge success. This was a way to show the developers' gratitude to the fans.
Mei's Snowball Offensive Edit
- Main article: Mei's Snowball Offensive
Mei's Snowball Offensive is an Arcade game mode exclusive to the event; it replaced the mode All Brawls! in the time of the event. This special Brawl takes place on the Ecopoint: Antarctica (Winter) map. Each team has 6 members and players can only play Mei with a modified version of her standard gun. Her primary fire shoots a snowball that will instantly kill any enemy it hits and has an ammo of a single snowball. Her secondary fire is used to reload the gun from randomly spawned piles of snow around the map. Her ultimate is also changed to give her unlimited ammo and increased rate of fire for several seconds. Her Cryo-Freeze and Ice Wall remain unchanged and can be used for either offensive or defensive purposes. Teams compete to the best of 5 rounds, with the first team to win 3 rounds being the overall winners.
There are 4 Special achievements tied to this brawl that will unlock sprays when achieved.
Winter Mystery Edit
- See also: Mystery Heroes
Winter Mystery is an Arcade game mode which replaced Mystery Heroes for the span of the event. Its rules are the same as Mystery Heroes, but the map pool is limited to only Hanamura and King's Row reskin.
Winter Wonderland items Edit
There are 124 Winter Wonderland items, which are comprised of 12 Skins, 3 Emotes, 7 Victory Poses, 23 Voice Lines, 51 Sprays (including 4 Sprays from the achievements), 2 Highlight Intros, and 26 Player Icons. All items can be earned by opening special Loot Boxes, which replaces the normal Loot Boxes during the Winter Wonderland event. All items excluding player icons are purchasable at a cost of three times the normal price of items of the same rarity. Completing Special achievements will grant the player unique sprays which are exclusive to this event. Items along with the achievements which were not obtained during the event remain unavailable after the event ends.
Additional Skins Edit
Additional Emotes Edit
- *When activated, Zarya's Mystery Gift emote will randomly play one of these animations. The "present boxes" emote after activating will remain in its looped animation until the player inputs other actions to interrupt it.
Additional Victory Poses Edit
Additional Voicelines Edit
- I'm Watching Out For You (Ana) (" ")
- I'm too Old for Surprises (Ana)
- Dwee Doo Hoo (Bastion, humming the "Deck the Halls" melody)
- Bwoo Bwoo Bwoo (Bastion, humming the "Jingle Bells" melody)
- Aw, You Shouldn't Have (D.Va)
- Happy Holidays (D.Va) ("행복한 휴일")
- And They Say the Chivalry is Dead (Doomfist)
- Did You Bring me a Present? (Doomfist)
- Merry Christmas! (Genji)
- Count your Blessings (Genji)
- A Gift For You (Hanzo)
- Cold as Ice (Hanzo)
- Merry Christmas (Junkrat)
- Go on...Give it a Shake! (Junkrat)
- Happy Holidays! (Lúcio)
- Climbing the Charts! (Lúcio)
- Had To Break The Ice (McCree) ("Someone had to break the ice.")
- You've Been Snowed in (McCree)
- I Got You Something! (Mei)
- Don't You Just Love Surprises (Mei)
- Your Guardian Angel (Mercy)
- I Could Use the Time Off (Mercy)
- Absolute Zero (Moira)
- Happy Christmas (Moira) ("Nollaig mhór mhaith duit!")
- Annual Performance Analysis (Orisa) ("Annual performance analysis...Nice/Naughty")
- Can't I Guide Your Way Tonight (Orisa)
- The Forecast (Pharah) ("Want to know the forecast?")
- At Ease (Pharah)
- Holiday Spirit (Reaper) ("Where's your holiday spirit?")
- You're On Ice (Reaper)
- You're On My Naughty List (Reinhardt)
- Forgive and Forget (Reinhardt) ("Forgive and forget,like snow from yesteryear")
- Ho Ho Ho (Roadhog) ("Hmm... Ho ho ho ho ho!")
- I Have Your Present Right Here (Roadhog)
- Stay Frosty (Soldier: 76)
- Merry Christmas (Soldier: 76)
- I Know Who's Been Naughty (Sombra)
- I Can Be Nice (Sombra)
- I Made You Something (Symmetra)
- Were You Expecting a Miracle (Symmetra)
- Made To Order (Torbjörn)
- Expert Craftsmanship (Torbjörn) ("Laughs Expert Craftsmanship!")
- It's In The Bag (Tracer)
- Ho Ho Ho! (Tracer)
- Exquisite (Widowmaker) ("Ah, exquisite.")
- Merry Christmas (Widowmaker) ("Joyeux Noël")
- I... Got You Something (Winston) ("I... uh, got you something.")
- Party Mode Engaged (Winston)
- For The Motherland (Zarya)
- Cool It (Zarya)
- No Snowflake (Zenyatta) ("No snowflake ever falls in the wrong place.")
- Joy To The World (Zenyatta)
Additional Sprays Edit
Additional Highlight Intros Edit
Additional Player Icons Edit
Map reskins Edit
The Winter Wonderland event introduces a temporary reskin of the King's Row and Hanamura maps. The reskin maps replaced the normal maps in all game modes for the span of the seasonal event. There are also temporary options for the reskin maps in Custom Game.
King's Row map reskin Edit
- Main article: King's Row (Winter)
Hanamura map reskin Edit
- Main article: Hanamura (Winter)
Ecopoint: Antarctica map reskin Edit
- Main article: Ecopoint: Antarctica (Winter)
- Zarya's Matryoshka spray is a reference to the Nesting Doll, a set of Russian Dolls, each of decreasing size and formed so that one can fit in another.
- Soldier: 76's Army Man: 76 spray is a reference to the popular plastic army men toy set, which was a set of green plastic toy soldiers.
- Sombra's Puppet spray may be a reference to the popular play The Nutcracker, by Marius Pepita. Alternatively, it could reference the end of her "Introducing Sombra" video, in which she says near the end, "I'll find their weaknesses, and soon......I'll be pulling the strings."